Mission Statement of The Sage Colleges Department of Athletics and Recreation
The intercollegiate athletics programs will strive for the premier levels of competition for its student-athletes, including the highest elements of sportsmanship, ethics, recognition, leadership, growth, development, success, pride and dignity.
Therefore we will provide:
- A level playing field for our student-athletes so that they are successful in competition. We will promote the highest levels of sports competition.
- Opportunities to foster and cultivate pride among teammates, other student-athletes, athletic coaches and athletic staff.
- Opportunities to educate student-athletes, coaches and athletic staff on the highest levels of athletic ethics and sportsmanship.
- Opportunities to teach and develop leadership among student-athletes, coaches and athletic staff.
- Opportunities for growth and development of individual student-athletes, teams, coaches and athletic staff.
- Internal and external recognition and respect for student-athletes, coaches and athletic staff.
The recreation program at The Sage Colleges strives to promote the physical, mental and emotional well being of its students, administration and staff including the highest elements of growth, leadership, athleticism, participation, pride and knowledge in a learning environment.
Therefore, we will provide:
- The possibility of growth within the variety of recreational opportunities.
- Opportunities to teach and develop leadership.
- Opportunities for participation in activities for students, administrators, and staff to develop individual athleticism.
- Opportunities to foster and cultivate pride in the individual and in the college community as a whole.
Knowledge of and development in recreational opportunities through a learning environment.
Sage Student-Athlete Handbook